How Industry 4.0 can revolutionize operations in your factory
With the emergence of Industry 4.0, a high level of operational efficiency can be achieved. Productivity and automation of production/manufacturing systems is certainly enhanced because of Industry 4.0
The interconnection amongst several units or any production or manufacturing plant requires several technologies like sensors, cloud and cyber-physical systems, etc. to work in sync. The technologies introduced in the Industry 4.0 version enables this sync to be carried out more easily and smoothly. Industry 4.0’s contributions are inclined towards technology management and just-in-time manufacturing.
Here are some of the aspects in which Industry 4.0 can revolutionize operations in your factory:
- Operational Agility: There can be fluctuation in demand, trends, etc. coping up with these challenges becomes much easier for manufacturers with the right technology in place.
- Easy Documentation: A lot of operational work goes behind in collecting data and keeping records of the products being manufactured, raw material being sourced and many other things. Due to digitalization nearly unlimited data can be collected and systematically stored in the cloud, which can be further used for several other purposes.
- Easy Traceability: The Industry 4.0 solutions come with the valuable benefit of easy tracing and monitoring of assets. It gives you total control over the environment of the factory as you can keep a check and make sure the assets, equipment and workers are at the required place at required time.
- Cost Efficiency: The newly embedded machine- monitoring and maintenance features of the 4.0 technologies allows manufacturers to keep constant check on the functioning of machines, schedule maintenance, etc. which simultaneously minimizes the downtime, maximizes throughput and overall reduces cost of supplying.
- Pleasing Customers: The understanding between suppliers and consumers is shifting towards a new dimension. The expectations of users about the product quality and services are constantly escalating. The industry 4.0 technology solutions support customization, after sales service, product development and much more, making it easy for the manufacturers to live up to the consumer expectations and at the same time extract new business opportunities.
- Proactive Vs Reactive intervention: Industry 4.0 is designed to make your operations proactive than reactive. In an emergency every single second counts and with the implementation of Industry 4.0 the value of every single second increases significantly hence increasing safety, productivity and efficiency by many folds.
- Huge saving of costs of production: The cost of production decreases by a huge number because of the implementation of these standards.
- Things that might seem tiny in everyday operations add up to a huge cost of production. With implementation of Industry 4.0 solutions the traceability enables the function of the plant much more smoother and regular monitoring keeps you well updated about the errors, maintenance requirements, etc. that help you save huge costs of production.
- Safety of people: Needless to say, the safety of the entire facility and the people inside increases significantly. People feel more secure and the facility is prepared for any kind of emergency
- Compliance: Compliances are integral to the operations success in any organization. Every person in the factory has to work optimally and be compliance so as to make a company profitable. Industry 4.0 does just that. It helps a facility to be more compliance by implementing standards that are designed for success.
To portray it crisply, the Industry 4.0 is indeed a revolution in the technological solutions field and it comes with several perks which help the manufacturers manage their day-to-day tasks significantly and increase the operational efficiency of not just the manufacturing units but also the individuals working on it. Basically, implementing Industry 4.0 technology in your factory would help you push your team and infrastructure to optimum performance and outcomes.
Syook has created a ROI Calulator that helps companies calculate the ROI before they implement Industry 4.0. Get in touch to get the ROI calculation for IOT Deployment at [email protected]